Wauwatosa Catholic will be the first Catholic International Baccalaureate K3 to 8th grade school in this area. It is a new school opening in the fall of 2011, sponsored by St. Pius X and St. Bernard Parishes. This blog will update the community on its newest school. Visit www.wauwatosacatholic.org for more information.
Wauwatosa Catholic School is proud to offer a dynamic art program. Mrs. Mary Beth Fox is eager to share her years of teaching experience with students in Kindergarten through eighth grade! In her own words:
"My educational background includes a BA from Mt. Mary in Art Therapy/Elementary Art Education. Working eight years at St. Pius X as the part-time art teacher has been a rewarding experience. Prior to this, I substitute taught all subjects for nine years at Christ King. My husband Mike and I have been residents of Wauwatosa for 25 years where we raised our five children. My interests include art, reading, boating and scuba diving.
Personal Goal: My personal goal is to provide a safe, caring and respectful environment in which students can work:
· to encourage students to be inquisitive about art, enabling them to develop a desire to produce exciting pieces
· to develop strong communication skills through interaction and inflection giving them the ability to describe their art work
· to work with different materials while practicing problem solving techniques
· to explore many types of art, so to develop an artist who is able to assess his/her individual level of skill and then further work on areas that need improvement
· to discover the cultural values of various civilizations through their interpretation of art and then promote an understanding
· to provide a dynamic and interesting environment involving all the senses"