Wauwatosa man pleads guilty to reduced charge in killing
A Wauwatosa man charged with killing his former girlfriend and then driving around with her body in his car for four days has pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of second-degree intentional homicide.
Benjamin Germano, 32, will be sentenced Nov. 5.
Germano was charged with strangling Sarah Rosio on Jan. 13 at his apartment in the 6700 block of Vista Ave. in Wauwatosa.
The body of the 24-year-old Milwaukee woman was found in a West Allis storage unit.
Germano told friends he "snapped" after Rosio attacked him in front of their daughter, a toddler, according to a criminal complaint.
He was arrested in Colorado on Jan. 27, two weeks after the homicide.
More Milwaukee County News
- Truck hits, kills 83-year-old woman crossing street in Bay View
- Groups to provide $1 million for YMCA’s urban mission
- Means resigns as leader of Milwaukee turnaround district (46)
- Stegman is new president of Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Green Sheet: When RFK slipped into Appleton for Joe McCarthy’s funeral (5)