A Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office deputy was charged Thursday with fleeing from a car accident.
According to the criminal complaint:
Deputy Brad Novak, a 32-year-old Wauwatosa resident, allegedly was driving a vehicle at Blue Mound Road and 68th Street at 11:57 p.m. May 14, when he was involved in an accident that resulted in damage to a woman's car.
The woman said she failed to stop for a red light and struck Novak's car. Then she allegedly saw him look at her and get out of his vehicle before he took off running down Crescent Court. He did not provide any identifying information before fleeing the scene.
If Novak is convicted of the misdemeanor, he could face a fine of up to $1,000 and be imprisoned for up to six months.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23