A New Orleans-style brass band, sampling of Celtic music and a tribute to the Armed Forces are among the acts to take the Rotary Performance Pavilion stage this summer as part of the Tosa Tonight concert series.
The free concerts kick off June 22 with Mike Benign Compulsion, a rock group reminiscent of acts like Crowded House and Elvis Costello at 6 p.m. The opening act will be followed by alt-country band Semi-Twang.
For the first time, Tosa Tonight will offer concerts on back-to-back nights with Conservatory Jazz Night on June 23. High school students - many of whom are from Wauwatosa - will participate in the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music's jazz camp and wrap up the experience with a final concert at Hart Park at 6 p.m. They will be accompanied by Grammy-winning trumpeter Bryan Lynch.
On July 13, Tosan Peter D'Amore opens the concert with his acoustic looping guitar. Mama Digdown's Brass Band is the featured act at 7:30 p.m.
This summer also marks Tosa Tonight's first Sunday show. The Wauwatosa and Mayfair Rotary clubs will present the 484th Army Band's Tribute to Our Armed Forces from 2 to 4 p.m. Aug. 7.
The annual Irish Fest preview comes to Tosa starting at 6 p.m. Aug. 17. Seamus Kennedy will entertain with his humorous stories accompanied to music. Later, the five-member traditional Irish band Goitse plays, followed by the Irish/Scottish music, song and dance group Kintra.
The season will end with a yet-to-be named performer. Milwaukee-favorite Paul Cebar will bring is latest group Tomorrow's Sound to the stage as the concert opener. The main act will be announced in July.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23