Fire caused $100,000 in damage to a three-story home in the 1700 block of Ludington Avenue last week.
When fire crews arrived at 7:42 p.m. Dec. 15, the third story was burning. Using an "aggressive interior attack," firefighters were able to contain the majority of the damage to the third floor, Fire Chief Rob Ugaste said.
The cause is undetermined, although the fire likely originated near the third-floor attic window, Deputy Chief James Case said.
"The homeowner stated she used this area for smoking cigarettes, but we did not find this to be an exact cause of the fire," he said.
It took about 45 minutes to get the fire under control.
There were no injuries. Two families had exited the home safely.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23