Bullying took a violent turn when a teen girl whipped around a sock full of metal padlocks at 66th and Center streets Thursday afternoon.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two girls were riding the county bus when a man randomly started verbally bullying them and three girls laughingly egged him on. When the two victims got off the bus, the three other girls followed them and continued to make rude comments.
One of the victims dialed 911, but one of the bullies swatted the phone out of her hands. When the victim eventually started yelling back at the instigators, one of the bullies pulled out a sock containing three padlocks that were linked together. She started swinging.
The victims were able to dodge the weapon, and an officer saw the fight unfolding in the middle of Center Street at 12:08 p.m.
Two of the bullies ran off when the officer arrived. The third, who had been urging her friends to stop being mean, stayed behind.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23