It wasn't hard for Wauwatosa police to find an alleged drunken driver who had slammed her vehicle into a tree in the 2600 block of North 62nd Street. They simply followed a trail of radiator fluid leading to her smoking car.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 30-year-old Milwaukee woman was found in her car in a nearby parking lot at 5:24 p.m. March 17. When asked why she drove away, she said she was scared.
She also said she was arguing with a friend on the phone and angry right before the crash. Officers noticed that she was slurring her speech and smelled like alcohol.
When they asked her how much she had to drink, she said she had one Jell-O shot. When she failed her sobriety tests and blew a blood alcohol content of 0.18, she changed that number to four beers and one Jell-O shot.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23