A Wauwatosa officer responding to complaints of a woman stealing mail in the 11300 block of West Potter Road caught a 44-year-old Wauwatosa woman in the act, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
She had an armful of mail and was reaching into a mailbox when police found her at 12:44 a.m. March 24.
Also in the report:
When she saw police, she dropped the mail and tried walking away. After multiple requests, officers got her to stop and talk to them.
She denied both looking in the mailbox and taking mail until officers persisted in questioning her.
She finally said she was looking in the mailbox for a place to put all the mail she had found.
She was arrested for stealing mail.
Police found mail from eight addresses in the woman's possession.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23