A 35-year-old Milwaukee man allegedly eluded police after threatening to vandalize his girlfriend's car, pounding on her hotel door and crashing his car.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man and his 24-year-old girlfriend were staying at Extended Stay, 11121 W. North Ave. When he failed to return one night, she locked him out.
He came back at 12:22 p.m. April 1 angry and threatened to smash her car with a tire iron. Police showed up as he was leaving the parking lot in his car and they gave chase.
Although their speeds topped out at 80 MPH, police were having a hard time keeping up with him as he barreled down Hwy 45 and tried exiting on West Capitol Drive.
Police caught up with his driverless vehicle at the exit. They noticed it had gone over the median and hit a curb, destroying a tire. The man fled to Currie Park Golf Course and police could not find him.
The girlfriend told police that he beat her many times in the past and that she was afraid for her safety. The police report also mentioned that he has a felony warrant for probation violation and a lengthy criminal record.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23