According to a 25-year-old Milwaukee man, nature's call caused him to run a red light and nearly hit a Wauwatosa squad at 12:02 a.m. April 7.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The arresting officer was driving through a green light at the intersection of West Bluemound Road and North 68th Street when the Milwaukee man's car came within 10 feet of striking him.
He immediately turned and pulled over the Milwaukee man, who had four passengers in his car. When the officer asked why he nearly hit him, the man said that he had to go to the bathroom.
The man smelled like booze and admitted to having two-to-three cans of beer at a family party.
During his sobriety tests, the man took 31 steps instead of nine, stopped twice and asked the officer why he had to make him look stupid in front of his people.
When the officer arrested him, he swore and resisted. His blood alcohol content was 0.20.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23