Two Wauwatosa teachers won awards from the Wisconsin Council of Administrators of Special Services.
The two teachers are Nick Becker, Wauwatosa West High School counselor, and Christina Watkinson, Eisenhower Elementary special education counselor.
Becker won the Pupil Services Team Award, and Watkinson won the Special Education Teacher Award.
The two were nominated by Therese Kwiatkowski, director of student services.
Kwiatkowski said that Watkinson was nominated for the ability to build opportunities for "independent, inclusive experiences" for those with significant disabilities. She said Becker was nominated due to his work as a student advocate.
The two will receive their awards at the WCASS awards breakfast April 19.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23