Wauwatosa police say a 25-year-old Milwaukee man changed his story slowly to an admittance of drunk driving after crashing into a cluster of trees in the 2200 block of Menomonee River Parkway at 2:03 a.m. April 8.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man originally said that a truck hit him, forcing him off the road. Police noticed he was swaying, slurring his speech and smelling of alcohol.
When his friend came to pick him up, he began changing his story. His friend told police that he called him, saying he was in big trouble.
The man eventually said he had too much to drink and that he would take whatever he had coming to him. In the middle of his confession, he fell over. His blood alcohol content was 0.16.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23