A bomb threat written on a bathroom wall has made classes optional at Wauwatosa West High School today, said school spokesperson Dan Chanen.
The threat was written late Tuesday, prompting Superintendent Phil Ertl to send an email and phone message to parents letting them know of the scare and informing them that attending classes would be optional.
The message said there was no immediate threat to public safety.
Wauwatosa police said they conducted bag searches at the door and have increased their presence at the school.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23