Mix 10 vodka pressers, a strip club and an El Camino with a dose of honesty and you have a second drunken driving offense for a man who was pulled over at 60th Street and Bluemound Road.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An officer saw the man speeding in a blue El Camino about 11:15 p.m. May 3. The driver of the El Camino swerved around another car, causing his tires to squeal. The officer decided to pull him over.
Before the officer could speak, the driver said "How ya doing? I'm drunk." The man continued to be honest about being drunk while the officer questioned him. He said he had been at a strip club earlier in the evening. When asked why he had cut the driver off, he admitted again that he was drunk and said that he "wanted to get around the other dude."
In the middle of reciting his ABCs during the sobriety test, he said "Q, R, S ... Oh, my god. I would have never thought I'd be ... R, S, P."
His blood-alcohol content was 0.27.
Editor's note: The number of police report items reported in Wauwatosa NOW has decreased dramatically since the beginning of May, when the Wauwatosa Police Department began a policy of redacting information gathered from Department of Motor Vehicle records from reports prior to releasing them.
Although we continue to request reports as we always have, far fewer are being released each week. The department tells NOW it does not have the manpower to redact all the reports in a timely fashion. This new policy of redaction stems from a federal court case that raised issues about the privacy of DMV records and resulted in a costly judgement against a municipality in Illinois.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23