A question yelled at a burglar caused him to flee the home he was breaking into in the 7000 block of Maple Terrace on June 27, according to the Wauwatosa police report.
The question: "What the hell are you doing in my house?"
Also from the report:
The homeowner was inside her home at 10:20 a.m. June 27 when she heard the doorbell. She peeked around the front porch to see a man holding a bottle of laundry detergent and thought he was trying to sell her something, so she ignored him.
He rang the bell five more times. She continued to ignore him.
Shortly after the rings she heard a loud banging coming from her kitchen and, upon investigating, saw the man coming in through her kitchen window. She yelled at him, causing him to run out through her unlocked front door.
Although he didn't take anything, he damaged the window, causing $200 in damage.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23