A woman trying to mend her relationship with her estranged husband smashed his girlfriend's car with a sledgehammer.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man was in his kitchen in the 2400 block of Wauwatosa Avenue when he heard glass crunching sounds at 6:40 a.m. Aug. 4.
It was his wife, wielding a two-pound sledgehammer, smashing his girlfriend's car's windshield. The wife jumped in her car and sped off before he could confront her. Before she left she did $1,200 of damage, putting a 6-by-4-inch hole in the windshield, spider-webbing it completely and smashing a hole in the driver's side window.
When the estranged wife came to the station, she confessed to the hammering. She said she had been trying to work things out with her husband for a year and heard he was dating another woman.
When she drove up to his home and saw the woman's vehicle in the parking lot, she said she blacked out and started smashing windows.
She didn't know how many windows she smashed when she confessed but said she was willing to pay the woman back.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23