Two men robbed Subway, 6733 W. North Ave., with a handgun at 1:35 p.m. Aug. 8.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The Subway employee noticed the two walk around where the sandwich line starts and head straight to the counter. One of the men, wielding a silver handgun, told her to put all the money from the register into a bag and to not make it look obvious or else she would get shot.
She hurriedly filled the bag. The man with the handgun yelled at her to get to the safe and empty that as well.
She complied, but as she was kneeling over the locked safe pulling out money bags, she noticed the man had left. He was walking away, money spilling out of the bag. He walked to the back, took three employees' purses, and left.
She couldn't tell when his friend left because she said she was focused on the gun. The accomplice is described as a 6-foot-tall, thin, 20- to 25-year-old black man with shoulder-length black dreadlocks.
The purses each had driver's licenses, credit cards and cash in them. Total loss to employees is estimated at $688.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23