A man was arrested for possessing stolen property in Wauwatosa after police pulled him over after hearing loud radio coming from the motorcycle he was driving and checking the vehicle registration.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man was driving near Highway 100 and Capitol Drive at 12:53 p.m. Aug. 27 when an officer saw a motorcycle driving with a loud radio, and ran its registration. It came back stolen.
The man was pulled over, and told the officer that a friend had bought the bike for him, but registered and insured it in her name. In October, 2012, it was stolen, and the friend filed a claim and received payment from the insurance company.
He said he later saw someone riding his bike, struck the person and took the bike back. He said he never reported that he had found the bike or let his friend know.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23