Two admittedly repeat thieves who stole items from cars were arrested by Wauwatosa police at 12:10 a.m. Aug. 26.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police received multiple calls about four boys breaking into and stealing items from cars in the 6500 block of West Wright Street.
While on patrol, police found the four youths running away from a man. He had seen them break into his neighbor's car while smoking a cigarette and immediately gave chase.
Other officers entered the chase and found two of the boys, one hiding with half his body sticking out of bushes while the other was found crouched by a pile of firewood.
The other two weren't caught, but the two that were had every item taken from his neighbor's van as well as other items taken from cars. They had two bottles of tequila, one bottle of margarita mix, a six pack of beer, two flashlights, a money clip, credit cards, identification cards, sunglasses, headphones, tools, a marijuana pipe, a basketball medal and over $20 in cash on them.
One had admitted to taking from vehicles multiple times, including a multi-car break in on Aug. 25 and that the two were the only ones responsible for thefts, not four boys. The other boy said nothing to police.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23