A man was arrested for drunken driving after veering into oncoming traffic, nearly hitting a Wauwatosa squad car head-on at 2:16 a.m. Oct. 2, police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
When pulled over, the man said his passengers had goaded him into making the pass in the construction zone of the 9800 block of West Capitol Drive. According to him, they were calling his car weak and he wanted to show them his black Cadillac "wasn't no weak car."
He was arrested for drunken driving after failing sobriety tests. He was on parole for a 1999 armed robbery and recklessly endangering safety conviction.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23