Two boys were arrested after being chased from two cars they rummaged through in the 800 block of North 67th Street at 12:40 p.m. Nov. 18.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An officer responding to a construction worker complaining of two teenage boys rummaging through his truck got a call over the radio.
The two boys were rummaging through another vehicle in the same block. They tried breaking into a van not an hour after the first call.
The caller had chased the two off and the Wauwatosa officer chased after them. He, along with 11 other Wauwatosa officers and eight Milwaukee officers, searched the area for 45 minutes before finding the two.
One boy admitted to going inside the van but said he only did so because he was cold. He recanted that tale, however, and admitted to looking for things to steal. The two didn't take anything.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23