Salmon's 31 sparks Raiders past Spartans, 50-34
Tosa East wins three of last four games
Senior Katie Salmon scored 31 points to spark Wauwatosa East past Brookfield East, 50-34, on Friday at Tosa East in a Greater Metro Conference game one day before seeding for the post-season.
The win game the Red Raiders (11-9 overall) a 5-8 GMC record, while the Spartans (9-12) fell to 8-5 in league play.
After an ugly first quarter that saw Tosa East lead, 4-1, the Raiders woke up behind Salmon's 15 points and took a 22-3 lead into intermission. Brookfield East outscored Tosa East, 31-28, in the second half, but it was way too late for the Spartans, who continue to show Jekyll-Hyde personality.
Tosa East led 35-19 going into the final period, as Salmon had 9 of her team's 13 third-period points.
Salmon finished with 31 points on 13 field goals and 5-for-6 from the free throw line. Sophomores Bailey Berlin with 11 and Maya Walls with 8 were the only Raiders to score.
Sophomores Angela Pichler and Mariah Miller each had 13 for the Spartans.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine