The stretch of I-94 between the Zoo Interchange and Highway 100 will be fully closed in both directions from 11 p.m. July 18 to 5:30 a.m. July 21, the Department of Transportation announced July 9.
While the interstate is closed, construction workers will place the Union Pacific rail bridge overhead, and install a storm sewer pipe. They will also demolish the west span of Highway 100, which will be reconstructed as part of a new interchange.
The DOT said traffic is expected to be heavy and backups will occur around the closed area. It has posted alternative route ideas online.
Weather could cause the closure to be delayed.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23