Paving is complete on North Avenue from 60th Street to Wauwatosa Avenue, as part of the road's reconstruction to eliminate left-turn lanes and implement bike lanes and pedestrian crosswalks. Street parking is back and traffic is flowing.
The road was closed Sunday for the work, which Public Works Director Bill Porter said went smoothly. Porter said the road will remain open for the remainder of the work, including pavement striping and installation of streetlights and signage. All work is scheduled to be complete by the end of September.
To attract customers to the area during construction, the East Tosa Alliance purchased more than 250 yellow hardhats for businesses to hand out to customers for special deals.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23