Coming out ahead of the statewide average ACT score, but not showing improvement from previous years, Wauwatosa students scored a composite average of 23.4 this year on the curriculum-based college readiness test.
More Wauwatosa students took the test than ever before, according to Superintendent Phil Ertl, with 75 percent of students participating.
About 73 percent of Wisconsin high school graduates took the ACT. The average score statewide, 22.2, was the second highest in the nation, falling only behind Minnesota's average of 22.9.
Wauwatosa did not score in the top ten school districts in the metro area, which was led by Whitefish Bay with an average score of 26.72. The highest possible score is 36.
Wauwatosa students taking the test this year tied last year's score, but came in lightly lower than previous years since 2002.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23