Kanten Russell of Stantec/Action Sport Design will host a second design workshop for a new skate park in Hart Park at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 28 at City Hall, 7725 W. North Ave.
Russell will discuss design ideas based on feedback from the first workshop Aug. 7. Conceptual plans include a bowl, half pipe, hand rail and grind ledges in a circular form around a green drainage area.
The grass-roots group pushing for the park, Tosa Skateboarders United, has a budget of more than $250,000, including money from the city and local fundraising efforts. They hope it will open next summer near 70th and Chestnut streets.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23