Wauwatosa Mayor Kathy Ehley has received a 2016 Women of Influence Award from the Milwaukee Business Journal, according to a news release from the city.
Ehley, who began her second four-year term in April, has overseen much development in Wauwatosa during her tenure, including new housing, industry, college satellites, hotels, infrastructure, amenities and roads, according to the release.
"Mayor Ehley has undoubtedly proven herself to be incredibly dedicated to her community and to her constituents," Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele said in a statement. "Mayor Ehley has done her absolute best to increase growth and prosperity in the city of Wauwatosa."
Before she was elected mayor, Ehley was the executive director of the Wauwatosa Business Improvement District for five years. She also serves as commissioner for the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District, director for the Wisconsin Center District Board, member of the Intergovernmental Cooperation Council, director for the League of Wisconsin Municipalities Board, among involvement with several other organizations.
The Women of Influence Awards recognize remarkable businesswomen in the greater Milwaukee area.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23