The annual Relay for Life event, an organized overnight community walk that raises money to fight cancer and honors those who have fought the disease, is slated for July 22 in Wauwatosa.
Teams of Wauwatosa residents will gather at Wisconsin Lutheran College, 8800 W. Bluemound Road, from 5 to 11:30 p.m. for the late night relay.
The event will begin with a survivors' lap celebrating those who have survived cancer or are currently battling the disease. Games, music, live entertainment provided by local businesses such as Legacy Gym and Studio Via will encourage participants to keep moving through the night.
Attendees may also bid on silent auction packages from local sponsors.
The Luminaria Ceremony will happen after sundown, honoring the community's cancer survivors and remembering those lost to the disease. Participants will circle a track surrounded by glowing luminaria that bear the name of someone who has battled cancer.
Luminaria may be purchased for $10 by calling 262-523-5559 or by visiting relayforlife.org/wauwatosawi or on-site priobefore ceremony.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23