Ray's Wine & Spirits will celebrate its 55th anniversary with a parking lot party July 24.
From noon to 5 p.m. that day the store, which first opened doors in the summer of 1961, invites the public to the event, which will close off the entire parking lot. The store and the growler gallery will remain open during normal business hours.
Food and drink can be purchased, but the party is free to attend.
Scheduled events at the business, 8930 W. North Ave., include a Falafel Guys food truck, Oscar's on a Roll burger truck, Lily's ice cream stand with 50 percent of all profits benefiting the Hunger Task Force, live music from 1 to 5 p.m. by the band Fairly Local and bean bag toss and ladderball.
A beer truck will also be on site, serving a number of rotating taps.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23