Wauwatosa firefighters and police officers will be celebrated for their service during the fourth annual First Responders Fest scheduled for July 20 at Hart Park.
The event, which will feature food and drink provided by Leff's Lucky Town and live music by Deputy Mick and the Bandcuffs, will take place from 6 to 9 p.m. at the park's Rotary Pavillion state near 68th and State streets. The free, public event will also feature a bounce house and face painting for children.
Members of the Wauwatosa fire and police departments will receive a ticket upon check-in for a complimentary beer and sandwich.
The idea for the event sparked about four years ago after Wauwatosa police officer Jennifer Sebena was fatally shot by her husband while on patrol on Christmas Eve 2012, organizers have said. The event is hosted by the Wauwatosa Business Improvement District.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23