Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns
Coach to take administrative position in district
Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale has resigned to pursue an administrative position within the school district.
The former Greendale High School star took over the Trojans' program in 2012 after spending one season as a co-coach with Ron Gavinski.
Wauwatosa West went 33-64 in Imperiale's four years at the helm. The program won a playoff game in three of Imperiale's four seasons, making the regional final in 2014 and 2015.
The Trojans went 4-20 last season and finished last in the Woodland West at 3-13. After defeating Milwaukee North, 70-29, in its playoff opener, Wauwatosa West fell 46-25 to rival Wauwatosa East in a regional.
Imperiale started at Greendale from 2003-2007 and was a three-time Woodland Conference Player of the Year. She led the Panthers to a 22-3 mark and a trip to the WIAA state semifinal as a senior in 2007. She went on to play collegiately at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee from 2008-2011.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North