The initiative that started this spring to crack down on drunken driving in the Milwaukee resulted in 30 more arrests on Saturday night.
Members of the 13 law enforcement units that make up the Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force pulled over 190 motorists and issued 161 citations for a variety of traffic violations.
Wauwatosa police made five drunken driving arrests targeting streets like Blue Mound Road. Two of the people nabbed had prior drunken driver arrests on their records.
The task force will next be deployed on Friday, June 5. Its efforts are highly publicized to prevent people from driving under the influence of alcohol, according to the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23