A total of 1,171 students are projected to attend Wauwatosa schools in 2009-10 through Open Enrollment.
Based on funding levels from the 2008-09 school year, these students will bring in an estimated $7.3 million.
Open Enrollment students make up about 17 percent of Wauwatosa's 6,800 student body. In addition, about 300 nonresident students attend the district through Chapter 220.
Of those 1,171 students, 730 attended the district through Open Enrollment during 2008-09. Seventy-nine are students who last year attended the district on a tuition waiver and will continue by way of Open Enrollment.
On April 8, the School Board opened 113 new Open Enrollment seats, of which 99 have been filled.
On June 2, board members voted to add 263 Open Enrollment seats to make up for a projected budget gap. As of July 27, 36 students had yet to accept or decline their seats, but officials said they expect all the seats to be filled. The district can approve students from its waiting list until the third week in August.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23