Pottery Barn Kids at Mayfair to close
Pottery Barn Kids notified customers in an e-mail Tuesday that the store at Mayfair will close on Sunday, Jan. 17.
The Mayfair store is the only Pottery Barn Kids in Wisconsin. The company didn't give a reason for the closing in its announcement.
The most recent earnings report for Pottery Barn's parent company, Williams-Sonoma, listed four Pottery Barn Kids stores around the country slated to close in the fourth quarter. For the full fiscal year, the company will close eight Pottery Barn Kids locations, including one temporary closing at a store that will be remodeled.
- Two new Ross Dress for Less stores set to open Saturday
- Meijer store in Sussex to open Tuesday
- National Business Furniture grand opening set for June 14
- Men's retailer Richard Bennett Tailors moving to Brookfield Square from Mayfair
- Bon-Ton Stores Inc. planning to sell, lease back three more stores
- Hallmark aiming for another touchdown: Packer Jordy Nelson is 2016 Keepsake ornament
- Wisconsin's first Akira store opens Friday at Brookfield Square
- Downtown Boston Store's new furniture department debuts Thursday
- Meijer partners with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin network
- Fox Bros. Piggly Wiggly lands meat contest awards
Retail Business News
All sorts of things are bubbling up — from exotica such as holograms and virtual reality to more-prosaic but potentially more-useful technology — as legacy retailers seek to merge their physical outposts with the online world.
The transformation has chains making major investments, and Menomonee Falls-based Kohl's Corp., one of the Milwaukee area's largest employers, is no exception.