No major injuries in Harley plant fire

June 25, 2010

A fire that broke out this morning at the Harley-Davidson plant in Wauwatosa was caused by an electrical problem in a maintenance room.

There was no damage to the structure, but the Wauwatosa Fire Department was at the facility at 11800 W. Capitol Drive for more than two hours assisting with ventilation and clean up work, Deputy Fire Chief James Case said.

Paramedics evaluated five Harley employees who were experiencing difficulty breathing. One of those people was taken to a local hospital, but he has already been treated and released, Case said.

The building's fire suppression system extinguished the flames prior to the Fire Department's arrival, he said.

The plant was evacuated for a short time but business operations resumed shortly after the Fire Department arrived.


Local Crime Map



Latest Photo Galleries