A man walking out of Mayfair Mall had his nose broken in two spots after what appears to have been an unprovoked beating last week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The 23-year-old white victim was leaving the mall at 12:28 p.m. Aug. 19 when he was punched in the face and knocked to the ground. After a few seconds, he regained consciousness and saw a black man standing over him and yelling racial comments.
The suspect and his brother ran to a vehicle and drove away. Meanwhile, witnesses called police.
When officers arrived, the victim was bleeding profusely from his nose, and his eyes were bruised and swollen shut. He said he had never met the man who hit him and the two had not exchanged any words prior to the attack.
The victim was taken to Froedtert Hospital, where he learned his nose had been broken in two places.
The suspect's brother, a 23-year-old Milwaukee man, returned to the mall parking lot. He told police he had dropped his brother off in Milwaukee. His was arrested on a warrant for driving with a suspended license.
The next day, Aug. 20, officers arrested the 20-year-old suspect at his home for substantial battery by physical force.
He is sitting in Milwaukee County Jail while the district attorney looks into the case.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23