You think taxes are too high or not enough is being done to fight crime in the city?
If you live in the 6th District, here's a chance to be part of the solution: become an alderman.
The City Clerk's Office is accepting applications to fill the Common Council seat left vacant by Thomas Herzog's resignation last month. The deadline is 5 p.m. Sept. 20.
Mayor Jill Didier will appoint a selection committee, which will interview candidates Sept. 29 and make a recommendation for a replacement to serve until April 2011. The council will vote on the appointment the following week. The successful appointee will be required to run for election in April 2011 to complete the final year of this term.
Aldermen are expected to attend weekly meetings. The compensation is a $350 monthly salary, plus a Wisconsin Retirement System pension and life insurance.
For information, call (414) 479-8918 or visit to wauwatosa.net.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23