An 80-year-old man became trapped under a large tree that the wind knocked over this afternoon in the 2500 block of North 90th Street.
The Wauwatosa Fire Department responded at 12:30 p.m.
Firefighters removed the man and took him to a local hospital for evaluation. His injuries did not appear life-threatening, Deputy Chief James Case said.
Wind gusts reached up to 40 mph in Tosa at the time of the call.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23