A West Allis woman who said she had been held hostage drove a car into a house at 91st and Wright streets Thursday morning.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The father of her children and their roommate got a call from the woman saying a man had tried to hold her hostage at his Milwaukee home and she was fleeing. They agreed to pick the 21-year-old woman up at a Tosa gas station.
When they picked her up, she got into the driver's seat. A man in a truck, who said she had stolen from him, was following their vehicle.
While turning onto Wright, the woman's vehicle jumped the curb, struck a tree and stopped against a house at 4:41 a.m. All three occupants got out and ran. The car had four flat tires and a dented bumper.
The woman was found 30 minutes later hiding behind the house. She was arrested for hit and run to property, driving with a probationary license and driving without insurance.
Later the homeowner found bags containing 51 oxycodone and Xanax pills, where the woman had been hiding.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23