Pretty women cutting and coloring hair, filing nails and massaging sore muscles. Sounds like another salon/spa striving to primp and pamper its clients.
But the newest beauty business making its way to Tosa caters to those with a higher volume of testosterone. Knockouts aims to prove that men can be just as into their looks as women.
This would be the first Knockouts franchise in Wisconsin, and the owners say they hope to eventually operate a dozen salons in and around Milwaukee and Madison.
The concept mixes hair, massage and grooming (facials, waxing and nail) services with names like the Uppercut and Heavyweight with stylists reminiscent of Hooters girls with a bit more clothing.
The Wauwatosa salon would operate at One Mayfair Road, the shopping center at Mayfair Road and Center Street that is home to Starbucks and Flat-Top Grill.
The Plan Commission unanimously supported the business Monday night. The Community Development Committee on Sept. 28 will make a recommendation on whether to permit Knockouts.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23