A Tosa homeowner found two men crawling around his backyard just hours after a car they'd been passengers in struck the home Sept. 9 - and police say they don't buy the excuse that the duo was looking for a cell phone and money lost there.
Instead, officers believe the men - a 23-year-old and a 24-year-old, both from West Allis - were searching for the more than 50 pills, mostly oxycodone and Xanax, the homeowner found in his yard after the crash, according to the Wauwatosa police report.
The 23-year-old man's girlfriend had been the driver during the crash. She had been found hiding in the backyard at 4:41 a.m.
The men were arrested for trespassing. Additionally, the 23-year-old was arrested for prowling and the 24-year-old was arrested on a warrant for driving with a revoked license and was found to be in violation of his probation.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23