The investigation is complete, but the cause of a fire that broke out above Speedway Sales and Service, 66th Street and North Avenue, on the Fourth of July remains unknown, fire officials said.
Investigators determined the fire started on the second-story porch, which was attached to an apartment, but they could not pinpoint the cause of the fire.
A family of three that had been living in the apartment awoke to the smell of smoke and saw the balcony on fire at 1:44 a.m. They all got out unharmed, and the fire was contained to the second floor.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23