A man found bleeding profusely on the front lawn of a Wauwatosa home said he had been beaten by two people but could not recall the details of the attack Sunday morning.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A newspaper carrier alerted police to a 55-year-old man sitting on the ground in the 600 block of North 63rd Street with blood covering his head and clothing at 6:19 a.m.
He said he had been walking in the area - his home was only a few blocks away - when he had been attacked by two men. The victim smelled of alcohol and there was blood on the lawn and walkway.
At Froedtert Hospital, he was diagnosed with a forehead laceration, broken nose, fractured sinus cavity, brain bleeding and a hematoma. He was admitted to the hospital.
Police looked into the man's activities that night and found he had been drinking with a friend at bars in West Allis. He asked the friend to drop him off at Balistreri's Bluemound Inn, saying he planned to walk home.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23