The two aldermen who represent Wauwatosa's 8th District have been vocal opponents of eliminating positions within the Fire Department, believing it would cause a service reduction that could have life-threatening consequences for their constituents.
Fire officials have said not filling three vacant positions would shut down a back-up ambulance at Fire Station No. 2 on the city's north side. That would mean crews would have to travel further from within the city or neighboring communities to respond.
This morning, aldermen Jason Wilke and Craig Wilson issued a letter on the topic and urged residents to provide their opinions during a Nov. 9 public hearing before the Common Council.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23