A 19-year-old Milwaukee man who deals marijuana led police on a short chase so officers would not find the pot in his car last week, Wauwatosa police said.
According to the police report:
An officer pulled behind a vehicle at 64th Street and Meinecke Avenue at 12:24 a.m. Oct. 27, and the driver accelerated in an attempt to elude the patrol car. He drove through several stop signs and sparks started shooting out from beneath the vehicle.
The vehicle eventually stopped at 58th and Wright streets because a belt broke and the car was no longer drivable.
He said he had been dealing marijuana and had 1.3 grams of the drug in the vehicle.
He was arrested for driving after his license had been suspended, eluding an officer and drug possession with intent to deliver.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23