The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County hopes to raise $2.75 million this holiday season to pay for its annual Toy Shop and Christmas Family Feast programs, as well as year-round support of its emergency shelter, medical services, food pantries, meals to the homeless and care for military veterans.
Bell-ringing continues to serve as a major fundraiser. To volunteer a place of business as a bell-ringing site or to ring bells call (414) 302-4300 or visit SAmilwaukee.org.
This year's theme, Hope Wanted, draws attention to The Salvation Army's urgent need for financial support during the country's continuing economic crisis. The organization is seeing many families requesting assistance for the first time, and the total number of requests for help is up 30 percent over last year, according to a news release from the Wauwatosa-based chapter.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23