Two local businesses are teaming up to sell Christmas trees to raise money for high school baseball programs.
The Plan Commission and Community Development Committee this week supported a request by Locker's Florist and Leff's Lucky Town to sell the holiday trees. The Common Council will take final action Nov. 16.
The sale would begin the day after Thanksgiving at Leff's Lucky Town, 7206 W. State St.
Players and their parents from the Wauwatosa East and West baseball teams would work the sale. All profits would go to the baseball programs, said Chris Leffler, owner of Leff's Lucky Town.
The businesses got a temporary permit last year, but now they've decided to make it an annual fundraiser.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23