Burglars got a jump on the holiday when they broke into several businesses in the 7200 block of West North Avenue the day before Thanksgiving.
Tiny Bubbles Laundromat, 7223 W. North Ave., Nail Design, 7221 W. North Avenue and Day Makers Cafe, 7225 W. North Ave., were broken into between 3:30 and 9:55 p.m. Nov. 24.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
A janitor noticed a back door was unlocked, which leads to a hallway linking the Laundromat to three other businesses - Nail Design, Day Makers Cafe and Colonel Pops Popcorn Co. After further inspection, the man noticed someone entered Nail Design, and immediately called police.
When police arrived, it was determined that Nail Design and Day Makers Cafe had been entered after burglars pried open the back doors leading to the businesses. Pry marks were found on a door leading to Colonel Pops Popcorn Co., but the business was not entered.
A cash register was taken at Day Makers Cafe. Damage to the door of Nail Design is estimated at $500.
On Nov. 25, a laptop computer, a digital music player, $1,700, $513 in personal checks, credit card receipts, UV lamps, and two electronic nail files valued at $4,112 were reported taken at Nail Design. Total amount of loss and damage from the burglary is unknown.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23