A Wauwatosa home received extensive heat and smoke damage after a fire that broke out in the basement Sunday afternoon.
A neighbor saw smoke at 6104 W. Wells St. and called the Fire Department at 1:19 p.m., Assistant Chief Michael Anton said.
The fire had spread through the walls and traveled to the attic.
"Damage to the structure and its contents is estimated at $250,000," Anton said.
The owners arrived home as firefighters were dousing the blaze. No one had been in the house.
The fire was brought under control within 20 minutes, but it took about one hour to extinguish it.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23