The Menomonee Falls Police Department has sent out an alert today warning residents of a man who claims to work for a tree service but then robs people once he gets inside their homes.
According to the news release:
Wauwatosa and Milwaukee police both reported home invasions involving the same man.
At 93rd and Capitol Drive in Wauwatosa, the man told the female homeowner that he needed to use the bathroom and was there as a representative of Brookfield Tree Service. Once inside, he grabbed the woman from behind and demanded money.
In the Milwaukee incident, he attempted to talk his way into the home claiming he worked for Hoppe Tree Service.
The suspect is a white man, about 25-35 years old, 6 feet tall with a medium build, blond hair, clean shaved, wearing work clothes with a tan baseball-type hat. There is no vehicle description.
No weapon was used nor was one implied. The timeframe of the crimes was 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23